Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fixing a toaster - am I on to a loser here?

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 14:52:39 -0700 (PDT), Dave N wrote:

I managed to find our old toaster in the loft today (a Braun model, c.
1995) so at least have something usable (it doesn't do thick bread or
crumpets, though, which is why we got a new one), ...

Er isn't that what a grill is for? Ah I guess with a modern worktop
hob and a builtin oven you don't get a grill...

... and note that the bottom panel is metal and fixed using screws..
Clearly there are some ways in which technology has gone backwards...

In more ways than one.

--
Cheers
Dave.