Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default DIY Dentistry

In article
, Tim+
wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:
On 19 Aug 2020 at 07:24:52 BST, Tim+ wrote:

michael adams wrote:

"Tim+" wrote in message
michael adams wrote:

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 17:24:07 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

Got a text from my dentist saying aerosol work under the NHS is
banned but if you go private they can do it....would this be
correct ? .....

According to Google "aerosol work" requires negative pressure rooms
or similar. Presumably the NHS is unwilling to cover the cost of
installing such rooms and so their use is confined to private
patients whose treatment will.

Or more likely, private dentists can just do what they like as
they're not restricted by NHS rules.

If they're not worried about the possibility of catching Covid9
themselves and infecting all of their private patients into the
bargain, and getting sued as a result, then you're perfectly correct.

Private practice in medicine has a long history/tradition of cutting
corners/costs to increase profits at the expense of patient safety. I
doubt dentistry is any different.

Don't be a ****. They'd soon be struck off if many of their patients
started getting ill.

You are a naive fool. The out of hours care in your average private
hospital borders on being negligent in many cases. Few qualified staff
around, poor access to intensive care if things go wrong, consultant away
playing golf or performing NHS work at the same time when he/she should
be available to monitor their post-op private patients.

If only patients who think that private is best knew....

two advantages of 'Private:
1. you can have the op when you want
2, If you are seriously ill, as I was some 30 years ago, they have a bed.
Unlike my colleague told at an NHS hospital " Oh, you are ill, but we
haven't any beds. Go home."

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England