Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What's wrong with the world. (was DIY Dentistry)

On 19/08/2020 10:06, newshound wrote:
On 18/08/2020 23:06, michael adams wrote:

Which does of course depend on how you view the current pandemic. The
greatest
ever threat to civilisation and the word economy as we know it, or the
greatest
ever hoax and/or load of bulll****.

michael adams

Why does everything have to be binary? Is it some pervasive consequence
of having a digital world?

No. its a consequence not very bright, but overeducated, people who have
learned to think, but only in binary terms

The truth lies somewhere in between. Covid is quite a serious threat, we
don't yet know quite how serious. AIDS turned out not to be as bad as it
could have been, at least in the more developed parts of the world.

Climate change is worth keeping an eye on, although to my mind the real
benefits might be in air pollution and the cost of current policies is
certainly significant.

There is no 'climate change' - not any more than there ever has been anyway.

Both Thatcher and Blair had some good policies.

Blair had no good policies,

The trouble with the binary view is that it gave us Hitler, Stalin, and
Mao, and it gives us Trump and Johnson now. It's easy to sell a simple
proposition, much more difficult to present a balanced view.

--
€œThe ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools.€

Herbert Spencer