Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default Is this cobbled together rising main acceptable?

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 11:37:28 -0700 (PDT), Cynic
wrote:

Blue alkathene pipe costs peanuts. I'd suggest one rough and ready solution would be to replace the cobbled together runs with one length right through from meter to the flat served then use supporting clips about every metre or so. Maybe ideally it would be better to have used copper pipe for fire and rodent resistance but that would require multiple joints. I'd also make use of fire stopping foam where the pipes pass through floors.

That seems like a very acceptable solution, thanks.
--

Mike