Posted to uk.d-i-y
petek[_2_] petek[_2_] is offline

Default Band saw guide rollers

On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 11:17:10 PM UTC+1, petek wrote:
On Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 10:40:34 PM UTC+1, Fredxx wrote:
On 18/08/2020 18:03:53, petek wrote:
The blade guide rollers on my c.40 year old Burgess bandsaw are badly
worn and because of it's age replacement guide rollers appear
unavailable. They appear to be made of nylon, 13mm o/d, 5mm i/d, 10mm
long. I'm sure Steve on "The Repair Shop" would just turn up a
suitable bit of nylon in the wink of an eye, but I haven't got a
lathe like he has! Or as much skill for that matter! Has anybody any
idea how I could get a couple made? Cheers

Any good?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nylon-Spa...s/352866809420

Thanks for 3 very constructive replies.

Tim, the o/d was measured with vernier caliper, but a fraction of a mm either way may not be critical as the roller o/d is not in contact with the blade if set up correctly . The i/d is to suit a 5mm screw. Length again measured with v. caliper but not critical. Thanks for the offer to print a couple which I will hold in reserve, see reply to Fredxx below.

Dave, yes I had thought of doing something like that on my wood turning lathe but was hoping to find something off the shelf.

Fredxx, thanks for the link. I had been searching for nylon bar or tube - it didn't occur to me to search for "spacer"! They have some with 12.7 o/d x 5.6 i/d x 25mm long, so I've ordered a pack of 10 for a couple of quid. May be a sloppy fit on the 5mm screw but could be OK.

Thanks again for your responses, I'll let you know how I get on.

Pete

Thanks for your further reply Tim. As I said, can I hold your offers in reserve in case the ones I've ordered turn out to be no good?

Cheers
Pete