Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Fixing a toaster - am I on to a loser here?

On Tuesday, 18 August 2020 20:12:41 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:

Non serviceable appliances are offensive, even if replacements only cost
£5. Whatever happened to "right to repair"?

I agree that it would be far better if repair were both possible and sensible.

Though sometimes I think we have forgotten how poor some things were. As a child we had Morphy Richards toasters. Which were repaired (new elements) and replaced quite regularly. Whereas my current toaster has been going for about ten years so far. (I have a spare of the exact same model - in case it now decides to give up its magic smoke.)