Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Fuses

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 16:30:33 +0100, No Name
wrote:

On 18/08/2020 16:07, John Rumm wrote:

But the idea of using lots of different fuses for plug tops is downright
stupid too - unless it was impossible to fit the wrong one. Human nature
being as it is.

That fact that stuff comes with a pre-fitted plug these days, has lead
to a generation that now no longer know how to fit one, and in many
cases probably probably don't even know what a fuse looks like.

I am old enough to remember wire colours before blue for neutral, brown
for live and green/yellow for earth became commonplace...

it was red for live, black for neutral and green for earth.....

Not that long ago. The cables in my flat (not flexes) are mostly in
these colours with a warning sticker at the consumer unit saying two
colour systems are in use.