Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Fuses

In article , Andrew
wrote:
On 18/08/2020 15:14, Scott wrote:
On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 13:46:33 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote: [snip]

The old system was even more open to abuse - using the wrong fusewire,
etc.

Very true. We had a house with a fusebox with wired fuses. The
electrician coiled the fusewire round three times to make sure the fuse
did not blow.

Around what ?. There is a slot in the fuse holder that the wire sits
inside. Do you mean he coiled it round something like a pencil, or looped
it back and forward again ?. This just means there is contact between the
loops, surely ?.

some fuses were screw-in and therefore round.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England