Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fixing a toaster - am I on to a loser here?

On Tuesday, 18 August 2020 12:04:23 UTC+1, Dave N wrote:
Our toaster (a cheap 12 year old Philips model HL-5224) has died and I've been looking at taking it apart in case there's a simple repair possible such as fixing a loose connection.

However, when you turn it over to take the top cover off it appears to be fixed to the base using four fixings like this: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UVzMuB43adyfNWJ58

They look like push-on star nuts, so probably near-impossible to remove, and are also recessed by about 10mm, so even harder to access. I've tried a small flat blade screwdriver but don't think I can get the leverage I need as the fixings are recessed.

Can anyone suggest how to remove the cover without breaking it, or am I on to a loser?

TIA,

David.

I don't recognise the head recess type. If you don't have a bit you can always drill it out.

NT