Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default Is this cobbled together rising main acceptable?

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 13:26:52 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Any thoughts on this problem?

Only to ask whether solicitors' letters carry any weight these days.
Many decades ago, the recipient was supposed to collapse into a
quivering heap of jelly and capitulate, but I'm not sure that happens
any more. Don't they just get binned?

I don't know what usually happens to them, as I've never sent one to
date. There may just be the continuation of a lack of response as a
result of the letter. But if it's worded right it will officially
document that lack of response, the unwillingness to acknowledge the
problem, and it will ask for an explanation as to why no remedial
action has been taken.

Then when I come home after being away for six months and I find the
place water damaged, I may have a better chance of financial redress.