Posted to uk.d-i-y
Algernon Goss-Custard Algernon Goss-Custard is offline

Default Met Office weather website funny

Jethro_uk posted
On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 14:31:15 +0100, Andrew wrote:

On 17/08/2020 09:53, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 19:27:06 +0100, Roger Hayter wrote:

Jethro_uk wrote:

Another website made unusable by "improvements".

It was once easy to see when the "weather warnings" spanned.
Obviously too easy. Now it's a series of clicks here and clicks there
and (unless I'm missing something) you still don't get a timeline
display.

I think the only place you get a clear graphic tiimeline is the local
forecast page. Even that is complicated by the use fof tabs for each
day.

The problem is that it was exactly perfect before. A nice line
underneath the hourly forecast on the same page. No need to click
further.

But there is a slider bar at the bottom so you can move smoothly through
all 7 days. And at the right of the screen is an to click on too.

Ah, yes. But now the problem is to access the slider (on my config) I
lose the top labels so have no idea what day/time I am looking at. So
it's still not as good as it was.

With 20 years web development to my name, I can spot politics and someones
pet project a mile off. Whatever happened to A/B testing ?

The problem is that the website's function is not to please you, it is
to advance the designer's career. So ease of use, accessibility, etc
are well down the list of desirables, while fancy-looking gadgets are
right at the top.

--
Algernon