Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Ball valve or gate valve?

I found a plumber (highly recommended, long time in area) to do the
outside plumbing shown here, done in a week or so, at my dad's house.
(After he does his work, I'll replace the irrigation sprinkler valves.)

https://postimg.cc/p9Jcc1hW

I prefer the plumber to use ball valves to replace the red gate valve
(water supply to house), and the blue gate valve (water supply to a
sprinkler manifold). I have his estimate, but it doesn't detail what
type valves he'll use. Before I ask, I wanted some comments from you guys.

A regulator will also be installed to reduce the current 115 psi water
pressure.

I understand the differences/capabilities/durability of both types of
valves. At least I think I know enough.

Any comments on which type valve you'd prefer in each situation?