Posted to uk.d-i-y
Custos Custodum Custos Custodum is offline

Default The cutting of toe nails

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 13:01:06 +0100, williamwright
wrote:

Last night I discovered something that helps a bit in the cutting of my
toe nails. (My problem is that I can't really reach my feet; never have
been able to.) With my left hand I used a strip of metal with a hook on
the end to capture the toe to be dealt with and pull it towards me. This
was extremely painful but it separated that toe from the others and this
cleared the area for the scissors. I can't reach properly with the
scissors though, so I can only do a crude job. I'm wondering about
either making or buying some long range scissors. So far google has
drawn a blank, which makes me think I must be an oddity.

You might want to engage the services of a podiatrist, who will also
check your feet for other potential problems, treat blisters, etc. You
should be able to get this free on the NHS if you have a qualifying
condition such as diabetes.