Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The cutting of toe nails

Well, I don't have this issue, as I can put my leg up on the thigh of the
other one and use both hands. However a word of warning with nails. Try to
cut them in a straight line, not a curve like the end of the toes. No always
possible of course as as we age our nails get brittle, so try it after a
bath. Use proper clippers if possible. Also check for the very edges of a
nail being split and growing down into the foot, unfortunately a problem
compounded by footwear over the years!
Keep digging such bits out and its much more comfortable than going to
podiatrist and having nurse Gelder prize them out with a sadistic grin.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"williamwright" wrote in message
Last night I discovered something that helps a bit in the cutting of my
toe nails. (My problem is that I can't really reach my feet; never have
been able to.) With my left hand I used a strip of metal with a hook on
the end to capture the toe to be dealt with and pull it towards me. This
was extremely painful but it separated that toe from the others and this
cleared the area for the scissors. I can't reach properly with the
scissors though, so I can only do a crude job. I'm wondering about either
making or buying some long range scissors. So far google has drawn a
blank, which makes me think I must be an oddity.

Bill