Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default emergency tyre repairs

Tim+ wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 16/08/2020 21:18, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 15/08/2020 22:37, Dave W wrote:
My Seat Ibiza is like that. I threw away the evil goop and bought a
apare tyre instead. Only trouble was that the buggers had only
provided a big enough space for a 'space-saver' tyre.

WTF do they think you are going to do with the flat tyre you took off?

Andy

you put it in the boot, loose

If you have room in the boot. If not, beware...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8600833.stm

Obviously this isn't going to happen with a flat tyre but if the car had
had a full size spare (and room to store it) it wouldn't have happened.

Tim

I've learnt something from the story. If you have to carry tyres in the
passenger compartment (especially perhaps ones with sidewall bulges)
then deflate them first. I must say I might not have thought of that
otherwise, but it makes sense. There is quite a lot of energy stored in
an inflated tyre.

--

Roger Hayter