Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default I'm running out of Turbo Ultra screws - are there alternatives?

"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" wrote:
So the big question, then is, if these were so good for so many things, why
are they discontinued?I would suspect they are not actually discontinued,
just the company you bought them from has decided not to stock them any more
for whatever reason, more likely because the maker wants dosh up front of a
large amount and will only supply those who order huge amounts and don't
delay paying.

I think Screwfix are big enough to have stuff custom made for them,
many of their screws are own brand and they don't tend to hide the
fact when they sell branded (non Screwfix) items.

I'm not sure why they were discontinued, it may be that their
downsides (fairly easy to break, easy to damage the heads) caused too
many complaints - though once you had learnt their weaknesses it
wasn't much of an issue. Alternatively maybe they weren't making a
profit, they were certainly cheap compared with a lot of other
stainless screws.

--
Chris Green
ยท