Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I'm running out of Turbo Ultra screws - are there alternatives?

So the big question, then is, if these were so good for so many things, why
are they discontinued?I would suspect they are not actually discontinued,
just the company you bought them from has decided not to stock them any more
for whatever reason, more likely because the maker wants dosh up front of a
large amount and will only supply those who order huge amounts and don't
delay paying.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 15:11:38 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

I have just assembled a climbing frame for my grandson and that has
run my stocks of Turbo Ultra screws very low so I'm desperately
looking for alternatives to restock with.

Has anyone else found anything else as good? I want screws with the
same shape as it were as Screwfix Turbo Gold screws but in stainless
steel.

I know Turbo Ultra weren't perfect by any means, the heads are a bit
easy to mangle and they do snap if you overdo things but for general
purpose outdoor screws there's nothing like them IMHO. I do quite a
lot of outdoor joinery, maintaining fences, screwing sheds back
together, etc. and for these sorts of things Turbo Ultra were ideal.

It's easy enough to find stainless wood screws but not with the extra
sharp point and rifled shank that Turbo Ultra had, so, as with Turbo
Gold, you can screw into most wood without any sort of pilot hole.

Any suggestions anyone?

Still not found any Chris? ;-)

https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/alternatives-to-the-discontinued-screwfix-turbo-ultra-stainl-1347165-.htm

I agree with you on all of it and would love to top up (broaden) my
collection:

https://ibb.co/x5Cr73b

It looks like you might be able to get some from here (and them
150596356156 and possibly others on eBay)?

https://toolvillage.co.uk/product/50-x-a2-stainless-steel-screws-turbo-ultra-countersunk-pozi-csk-choose-size/

Cheers, T i m