Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Met Office weather website funny

I've noticed problems with web sites like this, in my case its recognised as
a control that is either clickable or a button, but no matter what you do,
simulated mouse overs or enter or space etc, these refuse to budge. I did
have some success with IE of all things but many web sites chuck you off if
you use it. Another annoyance for me with sites is that they detect you have
an ad blocker, and refuse to let you see the tuff under said banner, but the
controls often don't work on this either. I have a big bone to pick with
sites like its, since the site design may be accessible but the adverts
screw up the access of the site if you allow them, so we blindies tend to
vote with our keyboards and go elsewhere!
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"jeff Layman" wrote in message
On 16/08/2020 14:28, Andrew wrote:
It is finally raining properly in Sussex but I can't
easily use the rain radar on the Met Office website because
the Cookie OK button has no effect, so it blocks the bottom
half of the screen.

The problem occurs with Firefox 79.0 and Edge. I have just
installed the most recent Win10 patches for 1909

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...date-kb4565351

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-net-framework

Could someone else try it ?. https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

The cookie button (and cookie settings button) also has no effect in Pale
Moon under Linux Mint, so the website has a coding problem.

I can remove the cookie banner using the add-on for Pale Moon to "Remove
the overlay from this page". That allows all the page to show and a region
to be selected. Once that area is selected, it appears but the cookie
overlay reappears! I can then use the add-on to remove it again and view
the selected area weather details.

--

Jeff