Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fuses

When did it blow then?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message
Gentlemen,

I acquired a batch of 2 Amp fuses recently from an unverified source
and decided it might be wise to test them before pressing them into
service. So I hooked one at random up to a power supply and pumped 3A
through it, waiting for it to blow. Now IIRC, it's supposed to blow
before 6 minutes maximum, yet this one kept right on going. I know
there's a general misunderstanding about how fuses work and people
expect them to blow instantly on any amount of over-current, but
that's not how it works in practice. But 6 minutes of 3A?
What does the Panel think?