Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Sears Kenmore Model 33 dehumidifier won't turn off

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 16 Aug 2020 10:58:31 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Monday, June 3, 2013 at 8:03:56 PM UTC-4, Tegger wrote:
This thing keeps my basement from being dank and dungeon-like.

Occasionally this dehumidifier would refuse to shut off and would turn the
coils into a solid block of ice. I would unplug it, let it thaw, plug it
back in, and it would work fine again for weeks or months more.

But now it refuses to turn off at all. Plug it in and it runs forever and
goes all Ice-Agey on me every time.

What's wrong?

--
Tegger

Check ground wires. Green and green/yellow - they connect at the front to the coil assembly. Unscrew ground leads, clean leads, screws, and mounting area, apply dielectric grease to all, reassemble.

I don't see what the ground has to do with it, plus the question is from
2013. The whole thing is probably in the ground by n ow.