Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Insulating a chest freezer

wrote:
On Sunday, 16 August 2020 14:20:56 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
williamwright wrote:
On 15/08/2020 12:23, Tim+ wrote:

What climate class is it

No idea. Weve had it for donkeys years.

Well it's obviously ****ed then. Don't waste time and money on it. Get
rid. Get a new one and the reduced power consumption will help pay for
it over a period of time.
Bill

If it was one that we use year round, Id agree but it only gets pressed
into service on special occasions (a few weeks over Christmas and during
this Covid crisis). A new one would be a minimum of £170 and for the amount
we use it, not worthwhile.

If I can find any insulation off-cuts in a skip somewhere then it wont
cost me anything (bar the glue) to have a go at improving its performance.

Tim

£40 in charity shops for a replacement freezer.

And how would I know if its any better than the one I have?

Lots of insulation in skips, I wonder when we'll see glued together sheets on flea bay!

You can work out what it's costing you, like that it'll run the
compressor at the nameplate power continuously.

So you say, but it isnt. Possibly a faulty stat.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls