Posted to alt.home.repair
David_B[_4_] David_B[_4_] is offline

Default Water Pressure Regulator - Good idea to reduce by 50 psi?

On 15/08/2020 16:28, Muggles wrote:
On 8/14/2020 2:37 PM, wrote:
Who uses PVC for sprinklers when poly is cheap, flexible, installs with
simple clamps instead of glue, etc? pvc is not used around NJ, that's
for sure.

Since the frost line is basically zero, sprinkler lines are usually
right under the sod and subject to damage. These days a reputable
sprinkler company might be using Sch 40. That might also be to make
them harder for the homeowner to fix tho so they get more back end
business. I do know the folks with sprinkler systems are always
screwing with them tho and that included the commercial operations my
wife managed. They had a guy and his helper who did nothing but
maintain irrigation on the golf course and he was a busy guy, She had
another guy who just did irrigation in the common areas but he usually
did have enough spare time to keep 40 toilets flushing.

We installed underground pvc sprinkers and they lasted about 5 years
before they had weather related breaks. Eventually, I abandoned the
underground pipes and began using just plain above ground 1/2" mainline
tubing w/1/4" sprinkler tubing. It's easier to fix when a branch or
winter storm snaps a sprinkler head. This past year I didn't have to
replace anything due to winter weather. I did add more sprinkler heads,
though, because I made more spaces for flowers.

Please send photographs of how your garden has matured! :-D

I thought you might like to review THIS post:-

http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=159741750800

Your comments will be welcome.

Warmest regards,

David