Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Fruit flies prevention

On 08/15/2020 09:03 PM, AK wrote:
I have a Ultrasonic bath and it has been a bee-otch to keep fruit flies out of it.

I have sticky strips all over the place.

I have a cover as well as a piece of foil, but they still manage to get in.

I am looking for some other ideas.

https://imgur.com/a/IYntuBw

https://imgur.com/a/A4fVVp0

Place a two quart wide mouth jar or something similar in the area. Pour
a couple of inches of vinegar in the bottom. Fashion a cone of paper
with a small opening in the apex and place it in the mouth of the jar.
You may be able to adapt a conical coffee filter. You've just
constructed a fruit fly trap. They find vinegar irresistible and like a
fish trap seldom can locate the small hole where they entered.
..