Posted to alt.home.repair
%%[_2_] %%[_2_] is offline

Default Chicago Police Chief: Looters Will Be Arrested

"Frank" wrote in message
On 8/15/2020 11:10 AM, kelown wrote:

Here in the city of Wilmington, DE a few years ago when they needed a
new police chief they hired someone from Chicago. Murder rate was bad
in Wilmington and new chief has brought it up to the level they have in
Chicago.

Can you elaborate? The only Wilmington, DE police chief with a Chicago
connection I found is Robert J. Tracy. But he's the current police chief
and was appointed in April 2017.

The only crime performance article I could find on him is dated February
13, 2018. But that article contradicts your assessment.

"Crime Report Comparison Shows Wilmingtons Murder Rate Down By 67%"
http://firststateupdate.com/2018/02/...te-down-by-67/
The 2019 stats show the Wilmington, DE overall crime rate was down by 3%
from 2018.
https://www.wilmingtonde.gov/Home/Co...71/225?npage=8

Considerable static in the curve but you can see the definate upward
trend:

Not from when he was appointed there isnt.

https://www.macrotrends.net/cities/u...ate-statistics

Here is last years:

"In 2019 a total of 112 people were shot on Wilmington's streets, and 24
killed, including a suspect slain by police. In 2018, 79 people were shot,
and that figure represented a nearly 60% decrease from the bloodshed of
2017, when there were 197 shooting victims and 34 killed."

And it is hard to see how any police chief can have any effect on
how many are shot in the streets anyway except by not locking
up the shooter quick enough to stop them shooting more people.