Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default need cap for residential A/C service valve

I topped off the R-22 in my ancient home A/C yesterday, and when putting it
all back together, I dropped the cap for the service valve. This is the
thing with about a 3/4" hex and a cylindrical dome above it, that seals the
valve stem of the service valve. I thought the cap was steel, and searched
the whole area with a strong magnet, then assuming maybe it was brass I
searched some more with my hands, but still have not found the darn thing!
I'd swear I saw where it dropped, too, but just a minute later it was not
there.

Anybody know where I could get one of these? This is for a 44 year-old
Bryant condensing unit. I looked on eBay, but nothing came up.

Thanks for any tips,

Jon