Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Jointer or Aircraft carrier

On Friday, August 14, 2020 at 2:41:21 PM UTC-5, dpb wrote:
On 8/14/2020 12:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Seriously, I'm not saying there isn't a need for a 16" jointer on board an
aircraft carrier, just trying to understand how and when it would be used.

I'd hazard a guess it wasn't on a carrier itself but a support ship w/
the fleet...they're equipped for essentially anything that might
possible be needed, including pattern-making for castings if push comes
to shove.

Another use? - Support for any on-land needs, once men landed and built,set up new onshore accommodations.

The jointer I recently acquired came from a military base, likely for the men's recreational use, than a military use.

Sonny