Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wasps

Jeff Layman has brought this to us :
I don't know. The nest might be small if construction started late or their
food source was scarce. When broken open in late winter do they have the same
papery construction as larger wasp nests?

They just disintegrate to dust when touched. I have had several of
these over the years, all a similar size. I only assumed wasps, because
I had seen more than the usual number of wasps around the area, but I
never saw any going in/ coming out of the nests.