Posted to alt.home.repair
Oh Woe Is Me Oh Woe Is Me is offline

Default Panel off meter?

On 8/13/20 12:45 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 12 Aug 2020 01:14:01 +0000, Trevor Lee
Jennings m wrote:

So I have a stilited house. The floor sealed with spray foam Insulation, and
sealed with hardiplank. At the meter, I have a disconnect after it, then goes
into the house. I am wanting to run 3 basic outlets for small draw, and one
outlet for a 110v plug and play hot tub I have downstairs. It would be a pain
to run new wire from upstairs in the house, and feed it downstairs somehow. My
question is, could I tie into the disconnect I have downstairs, and put
another panel next to it so I can run new servises for downstairs?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/py
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/pz

I can't answer your electrical question, but is your house a stilted
house? Is that because of expected flooding? I notice that the house
across the street is not. I don't understand that. Are your neighbors
stupid?

Long ago, 1968, I drove around the flat area several miles south of New
Orleans, a very flat area I'm pretty sure flooded at least once a year,
and some houses were on stilts, but others, not old ones either, pretty
new, were on the ground. Why would they do that?

They're democrats who think the government will remodel their house (free of charge) after the flood?