Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default My most recent project

In message , Andrew
writes
On 11/08/2020 18:21, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 09/08/2020 17:46, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 05/08/2020 22:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 03/08/2020 20:37, Muddymike wrote:
Hi Guys
If you have nothing better to do for a couple of minutes take a
look* at* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nQJCvYv63I I'm having
a go at* videoing* my workshop projects.
*Mike

No one spotted my mistake then :-)
*Umm. Had you not cut all the way through under the hinge?
*Watching the slot cutting I wondered if a worn/smaller disc
might have* helped.
*Could we be allowed to know the purpose of this device?
Concealed workshop biscuit barrel...

Sorry Tim you haven't spotted my error.
*Oh well. Sort of thing I might have got wrong!

Its to make charcoal. Filled with bits of wood its stood upside
down in my 40 gallon drum incinerator and cooked by burning
rubbish wood for 4 hours.
Clever.
**Do you use green wood?
**Those incinerators were banned for agricultural use some years back:-(

Yet similar are sold everywhere for domestic use.

I think they objected to farmers burning used spray cans and woven
plastic sacks.

What happens to all that black plastic film used to wrap big bales of
'haylage' ?.

Pass. Have a look behind your nearest stables!

Silage wrap and other farm non-recyclable plastics may be collected by
disposal firms but none gets used here.

I try to only use reasonably well seasoned wood, a dead tree is my
favourite.

The reason I asked is I vaguely recall a TV documentary where fresh
cut wood, Hazel? was built into a cone shape and then clad with turf
before ignition.

--
Tim Lamb