Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default My most recent project

On 11/08/2020 18:21, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 09/08/2020 17:46, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 05/08/2020 22:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 03/08/2020 20:37, Muddymike wrote:
Hi Guys
If you have nothing better to do for a couple of minutes take a
lookÂ* atÂ* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nQJCvYv63I I'm having
a go atÂ* videoingÂ* my workshop projects.
Â*Mike

No one spotted my mistake then :-)
Â*Umm. Had you not cut all the way through under the hinge?
Â*Watching the slot cutting I wondered if a worn/smaller disc might
haveÂ* helped.
Â*Could we be allowed to know the purpose of this device? Concealed
workshop biscuit barrel...

Sorry Tim you haven't spotted my error.
Â*Oh well. Sort of thing I might have got wrong!

Its to make charcoal. Filled with bits of wood its stood upside down
in my 40 gallon drum incinerator and cooked by burning rubbish wood
for 4 hours.
Clever.
Â*Â*Do you use green wood?
Â*Â*Those incinerators were banned for agricultural use some years back:-(

Yet similar are sold everywhere for domestic use.

I think they objected to farmers burning used spray cans and woven
plastic sacks.

What happens to all that black plastic film used to wrap big bales of
'haylage' ?.

I try to only use reasonably well seasoned wood, a dead tree is my
favourite.

The reason I asked is I vaguely recall a TV documentary where fresh cut
wood, Hazel? was built into a cone shape and then clad with turf before
ignition.