Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FTTP installation

On 12/08/2020 13:58, Robin wrote:
ISTM BT are no different from VM in promising (maximum) /speed/ rather
than absence of /contention/ - though ISTR BT were looking to upgrade
the down from 2.5 to 10 using newer kit on newer installations.

Still a matter of business products if you want freedom from contention?

Contention is meaningless except in a packet switched context.
If it IS time division or frequency division multiplexed, there *is* no
contention. The guaranteed subscriber time/frequency slots exist
whether full of data, or empty.

No matter which technology is used, the 'last mile' is not contended..
It's the backhaul that is.

Josef Stalin