Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default What happened toThompsons Water seal?

On Sunday, October 8, 2017 at 11:39:48 AM UTC-7, J. Clarke wrote:

I think we need a Constitutional amendment to the effect that if
Congress is going to ban something they have to first come up with an
equally effective alternative that doesn't come at ridiculous cost. Or
just remove their power to ban anything.

Oh, you're so YOUNG. The black fog in London (1952) killed somewhere
from 4000 to 12000 people in a week. Coal heat did it, and coal heat was
banned (or very limited).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Smog_of_London

There hasn't been a similar event in decades, because... there's a good
reason for such bans. You're alive; enjoy the ban.