Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

On 08/11/2020 08:09 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/10/2020 11:16 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/10/2020 12:19 PM, %% wrote:
Some do have enough of a clue to have noticed that
no one they know adult wise uses any of what is taught
in the last couple of years of high school, particularly
with those I listed, or has an adult point that out to them.

I graduated high school at 16 and didn't have a clue what i wanted to
do. I may have been better off had i worked a few years but that
wasn't in the plan; off to college you go. Four more years and I still
was pretty clueless.

Graduated at 17. Sort of knew what I wanted, took an entry level job
and went to night school. Path changed a bit over the years but was
always manufacturing related.

My brother dropped out to join the Marines. After he got back from the
war he was happily sanding propellers at the local airport but the girl
he married explained to him how it was going to go. He retired as a VP
at Morton Thiokol so I guess it worked. Every family needs a rocket
scientist.

Without the wife he probably would have wound up working for my
grandfather at the paper mill like my uncle. Back in those days the
maintenance heads tended to build dynasties. Today it would be a plant
engineer with degrees in this and that.

It always ****ed my mother off. They would have sent my uncle to college
but he wanted to go into the mill. Girls didn't get sent to college.