Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

On 08/11/2020 12:00 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 1:28:10 PM UTC-4, %% wrote:
"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 8:57:06 PM UTC-4, %% wrote:

I like those who have enough of a clue to work
out whether the last couple of years of high
school will be any use to them and who choose
to leave school as soon they can legally, or even
before that and get on with their useful lives.

Isn't the last couple of years of high school the time when
they teach American Government (if they still teach that)?

No idea and I expect that varies around the country. And it
should be taught in the compulsory years of school anyway.

That could go a long way to explain why people
do so poorly when asked difficult questions like
"How many branches of government are there?"

Not something that I need in a useful employee.

No, but society needs citizens who aren't complete morons about
the structure and function of the government that they vote for.

Or as Plato suggested the citizens need to be well versed in the
national mythology. The simpler the better so you don't tax their curly
little heads.

otoh I agree with Nietzsche that Plato was when the Greeks and
philosophy in general went to **** as they started worrying about
morality rather than reality.