Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default New York AG sues NRA, seeks to dissolve

wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 18:02:49 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...
They do not seem to be limiting their access or undermining their
ability to shoot people.

Criminals cant legally do that, stupid.

That doesn't prevent them from having them tho does it?
The strange thing is, if they commit a serious crime like murder, the
gun charge usually gets dealt away for a plea on the top count so the
law is meaningless.

Is it an oxymoron where 'criminals can not legally do that' ?

If it was legal, it would not be a crime.

I was just pointing out that although we have thousands of gun laws,
federal state and local, they do not merit that many prosecutions.
Criminals using guns in crimes usually get to deal the gun charge
away. Florida may be one of the few states where that is different
since the gun charge might bring more mandatory time than the murder.
(10-20-Life law). Even with that a prosecutor might still rather book
a murder conviction, even if it doesn't have mandatory minimum time.

All irrelevant to the fact that the 2nd is flouted with convicted criminals.