Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 08:43:47 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 08/11/2020 12:58 AM, %% wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/10/2020 12:19 PM, %% wrote:
Some do have enough of a clue to have noticed that
no one they know adult wise uses any of what is taught
in the last couple of years of high school, particularly
with those I listed, or has an adult point that out to them.

I graduated high school at 16 and didn't have a clue what i wanted to do.

Yes, but plenty of others do know that they do
want to do various things like be a mechanic,
plumber, electrician, build houses etc too.

Actually, I wanted to drive a truck... Many years later I took a break
from software and drove a truck for a few years. I would want to look
forward to forty years of trucking but it was an interesting adventure
and a refreshing break before going back to another 20 years of
programming.

I've always worked on my own cars and bikes, so I know a bit about that
too. At one point I was the plant engineer among other duties so I'm no
stranger to plumbing, electricity, and construction. Again, nothing I'd
want for a lifetime career but interesting enough in the short term.

A few months convinced me driving a truck was not going to be a career
for me. It did get me my first car and get me back in school (a jr
college type place specializing in electronics with credits that
transferred to UMD). When I got there I found several guys who said
they were just ponying up for the Navy electronics test so they could
get a navy school. I aced that test and got to call my shot at the
recruiter. 13 months later I was working for IBM.