Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Dawn Butler MP

"T i m" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 11:06:25 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

snip

So what is your point exactly ?

What's yours.

It was *you* not me, if you remember, who claimed that there was nothing
remarkable about Dawn Butler getting stopped; as you'd been stopped
3 times in 4 weeks 40 odd years ago,

Cite that I made such a link.

"T i m" wrote in message

Like, I was stopped 3 times in 4 weeks when driving my Morris Minor
van. Why? Because they were having a 'binge' on vans and that's what I
was driving at the time. Profiling? [1]

That was version 1. You were stopped because they were having a "binge"
on vans. However a bit later on you posted as follows

"T i m" wrote in message
news
3) The one where I was seen running into a copse in the middle of
nowhere was considered (at the time) as possibly acting suspiciously.
I told the Policeman that stopped me further up the road exactly what
I had been doing and he was happy with my reply.

In version 2 you were stopped because you'd been seen running into a
copse. Nothing to do with you being in a van at all.

You do see the problem I take it ?

The problem (with you) is you can't read between the lines (not your
fault etc).

So that not only am I required to read every line you post, but I'm
supposed to be reading *between* the lines as well ?

Maybe when I've got the odd few weeks to spare I'll consider it; but
in the meantime there remains this difficulty with the supposed van
"binge" as against you being spotted running off into this copse.

michael adams