Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Dawn Butler MP

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 11:06:25 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

snip

So what is your point exactly ?

What's yours.

It was *you* not me, if you remember, who claimed that there was nothing
remarkable about Dawn Butler getting stopped; as you'd been stopped
3 times in 4 weeks 40 odd years ago,

Cite that I made such a link.

Have you run out of stupid questions to ask

However it was only in response to my questions, which you clearly
didn't consider "stupid" at the time,

Again with the 'left brainer' 'clearly'. I was giving you answers to
the questions you were asking and more than once in ever increasing
detail.

seeing as you answered them
all so fully,

Yup ..

that it soon became apparent that there were very good
reasons for your having been stopped on each occasion.

Well, it didn't seem to be 'soon' but we got there in the end eh. ;-)

So that your situation of 40 years ago and Dawn Butler's are in no
way comparable.

Never suggested they were?

*That* was and is, my point.

And that wasn't ever mine.

"Now, the question as to why may be based on a myriad of reasons /
circumstances / situations.

Like, I was stopped 3 times in 4 weeks when driving my Morris Minor
van. Why? Because they were having a 'binge' on vans and that's what I
was driving at the time. Profiling? [1]"

No more, no less.

The problem (with you) is you can't read between the lines (not your
fault etc). 'I was' (past tense) rather than 'I have been' (more
current tense), I've not mentioned having a MM van before and the
'having a binge on' indicates a form of profiling (van / van drivers).

Whilst vans / van drivers may be a statistical minority, they may well
disproportionately reflect vehicle deficiency or crime in which case,
such profiling is relevant (for efficient use of Police time /
resources).

Anyway, nothing to see here, move along ...

Cheers, T i m