Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FTTP installation

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 17:08:44 +0100, Scott wrote:

It's also complicated by the Universal Service Obligation that is

now
in place for broadband. You have a right to at least a 10 Mbps
service and Openreach or Kcom have to provide it. There are a few
gotchas like a cap on the construction costs.

Just being silly now, but if Openreach claim the cost exceeds £3,400
can I offer to install it myself then put the job out to competitive
tender?

Well I don't think Openreach allow any Tom, Dick or Harry access to
their ducts/chambers etc but I guess you could DIY or contract out
any works that didn't involve access to OPenreach's infrastructure,
say the trench from the nearest chamber to your property so all they
have to do is drop their duct into it.

--
Cheers
Dave.