RichardS

Default Can a combi safely be used for DHW with the heating drained?

"RichardS" noaccess@invalid wrote in message
. ..

This could be a really stupid, obvious question, but.....

I have currently got the heating drained down to remove a couple of rads.

Can the combi still be used (safely) for hot water?

Or does draining the heating drain the primary circuit which heats the hot
water?

It's an Ocean Style FF, btw. (Destined for replacement as soon as I can
get around to it....)

Thanks, Bill, Ed, Geoff

All back and working now, so the question of DHW doesn't arise tomorrow
morning....

It seems that the boiler firing up when SWMBO turned the hot tap on might
have been a momentary fluke due to some wierd pressurisation in the vicinity
of the pressure switch. It didn't do it again (I was curious).

At 11:30 PM when I have just managed to dislodge the compression joint on
one of the lockshields, I find myself very glad that I stopped, scratched my
head, and thought "yes, better get some just in case" when passing the 15mm
olive section of wherever I was 3 years ago!

The room ought to be a little warmer now that there is some skirting board
on the radiator wall - there were 2 air bricks that were 1/3rd above floor
level and venting straight into the room....

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk