Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Who knows about GPS antennas?

wrote:

Thanks for all the great info Jeff. This surveying I want to do is
not for legal reasons, mainly to just make sure I know where some of
the property line probably is and where a corner marker should be.

Go to the county recorder of deeds office and ask to see your plat book.
It will be greek to most people, but should have a definition of the
property boundary relative to other properties. With a little work, you may
be able to figure out how it abuts other lots.

If you have a sensitive compass, you can slowly sweep it over the suspected
corners and see if you can get the needle to spin. The surveyors drove iron
pipes with magnets in them at the corners of the lot. If you have a metal
detector, that can be used to home in on likely objects, then check them for
magnets with the compass.

Jon