Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Who knows about GPS antennas?

In article ,
says...

Living on a hillside also has its entertainment value. It seems that
the road has moved about a few feet horizontally in Google Maps. The
problem is that every winter, the hillside slips an inch or two down
the hill, taking the road with it. A landslide into the road on the
uphill side of the road, and a landslide causing the edge of the road
to crumble on the downhill side of the road. We dig out the dirt from
the uphill side, and dump it on the downhill side. From above, it
looks like the road is moving.

I do not recall all the details from talking to a friend that has his
surveyers license. From what I geather it used to be you drug a chain
across the ground to get the footage. Now is is a streight shot. Being
that if you have land on a very steep hill at one time you might have
100 feet of property,but now it may only be listed as 75 feet, even if
nothing is changed.