Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Who knows about GPS antennas?

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 14:22:26 -0600, KenW wrote:

Property is expensive, that would be considered grand theft.
KenW

Talk to your insurance agent to see if you're covered if your property
(land, not personal property) "moves" or "disappears". That's a very
real problem in the hills and mountains. When I asked, my house is
covered if it disappears, but the property is not covered. Notice
that even earthquake insurance does not cover disappearing property:
http://www.insurance.ca.gov/01-consumers/105-type/95-guides/03-res/eq-ins.cfm
Earthquake insurance covers some of the losses and damage
that earthquakes can cause to your home, belongings, and
other buildings on your property.

Incidentally, if I use the lat/long from the original 1926 survey, my
property overlaps a major part of my neighbors property across the
road including the house. Of course, the back side of my house would
be owned by the neighbors behind me. I mentioned this to the
neighbors when was initially doing my surveying but forgot to mention
that I was joking. The neighbors wife almost fainted.

Living on a hillside also has its entertainment value. It seems that
the road has moved about a few feet horizontally in Google Maps. The
problem is that every winter, the hillside slips an inch or two down
the hill, taking the road with it. A landslide into the road on the
uphill side of the road, and a landslide causing the edge of the road
to crumble on the downhill side of the road. We dig out the dirt from
the uphill side, and dump it on the downhill side. From above, it
looks like the road is moving.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D