Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default ?Q?Re=3a_World=e2=80=99s_top_epidemiologists=3a_m asks_don?= ?Q?=e2=80=99t_work!?=

On 8/10/2020 6:38 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 11:15:35 PM UTC-4, %% wrote:
"Grumpy Old White Guy" wrote in message
The top medical experts in the world cant decide if masks are helpful in
reducing the spread of COVID-19 or just make things worse

Denmark boasts one of the lowest COVID-19 death rates in the world. As of
August 4, the Danes have suffered 616 COVID-19 deaths, according to
figures from Johns Hopkins University.

And Taiwan has had just 7 deaths and they do wear masks.

There was a famous Reagan campaign commercial on defense that showed a
bear wandering around in a forest. The narrator said something to the
effect of there is bear out there. Some people say the bear is aggressive
and dangerous. Others say that the bear is friendly. Until we're sure,
isn't it better to have a strong defense against the bear? Applied to
masks, the message is the same. Even if there is some question as to the
effectiveness of masks, we should be using them. It's just a freaking mask
folks. But today's Republicans have gone bat **** crazy, have turned a
simple mask into yet another stupid, divisive political issue and are
following the orange clown over the cliff.

Repubs these days will do anything to object to science or logic. They
always make it a political thing.