Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default FTTP installation

In article , Andrew
wrote:
On 10/08/2020 11:19, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

I can't see them managing to complete the "full fibre" network by 2025.

Is that still the target timescale?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50042720

Why the hang-up with gigabit speeds?

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-8392/CBP-8392.pdf

I have ~75 Mbps from a BT cabinet that I can *just* see if I lean out
of the window. Alternatively I could have up to 500 Mbps from virgin
FTTP where they have what is apparently called a "toby" in the footpath
at the end of my drive, same as this ...

https://www.chatteris.biz/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/IMG_2286-Medium.jpg

I have 26 Mbps from BT FTTC and have never used more than 10Giga in a
month. What on earth DO people do with such massive speeds ?.

my former neighbour put it quite well: "I have 3 teenage children"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England