Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FTTP installation

On 10/08/2020 10:50, Dave Liquorice wrote:
For 1 channel of ISDN (which also goes out the window with the PSTN).
You had to have two channels with ISDN so 128 kbps plus 16 kbps for
signalling = 144 kb

technically, yes. Commercially, no. You could buy a single channel.

For more than two channels they tended to install a fibre that would do
2Mbps.

At one time this was a free installation, so many of our customers did
that, then cancelled their ISDN and ordered a leased line based on
pre-existant fibre...saving themselves several thousand installation.

God what we have now,we would have killed for back then.

--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people by telling poor people that "other" rich people are the reason

Peter Thompson