Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT For the lefties to read

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 17:47:13 +0100, Cursitor Doom
wrote:

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 17:35:26 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

Being "sanctimonious" simply means regarding oneself as being morally
superior to another person.

Rather like Dave Plowman, then.

In the case of you (cowardly troll) and our Dave you would be right,
he's a far better person than you could dream to be.

Being "condescending" or "patronising" means not only regarding
oneself as being morally superior to the other person, but also
as having a duty to help that person become more like them.
To become perfect in every way, just like them IOW.

Yep, perfect description of Dave Plowman.

In the case of you (cowardly troll) and our Dave you would be right,
he's a far better person than you could dream to be.

Many consider people who are unduly condescending or patronising
to be extremely irritating in real life which is why they are best
avoided. As a consequence on Usenet exhibiting or feigning such
an attitude can be a useful means of winding people up.

That's our Dave to a tee. Dave likes to look down on other people

Yes, if he looks down on people like you it's because he would be
right to do so.

with
a completely false sense of moral superiority.

It would be a perfectly justified sense of superiority, you are *just*
a cowardly troll and he is neither.

The only question is
whether this is conscious deception for the purposes of trolling or
whether he is deluded enough to actually believe it.

Of course that would be your only question. Many can see it and don't
need to 'believe' anything.

Cheers, T i m