Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Annoying tic-toc clock.

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 6:01:04 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 12:20:09 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 1:37:45 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 03:34:24 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:13:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 04:46:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 04:22:47 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 14:17:36 -0400, Peter
wrote:

On 8/5/2020 12:50 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 05 Aug 2020 05:03:33 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 4 Aug 2020 03:58:41 -0700 (PDT), Cindy
Hamilton wrote:

Connected to what? Apart from its use as a timepiece, my phone
mainly services the two-factor authentication required by my
employer's network. I don't use it for e-mail and if it rings
once a week it's a miracle.

Cindy Hamilton

Smartl phones are really good for depositing checks to the bank.
Now
don't have to be afraid the guard will shoot me by mistake.

You must really have an off brand bank if you don't drive by a branch
every time you are out and the ATM is really easy to use if the Covid
has the lobby closed. I assume if I internet banked I could drop a
check on my scanner and deposit it tho. The reality is I only cash
about a dozen checks a year and most come quarterly (dividends).
Four trips a year to the bank is not a burden

Make it real easy for yourself; have your dividends ACH deposited to
your checking account. No more worries about the check getting lost or
stolen in the mail. No misplacing/losing it at home. No more needing
to make a trip to an ATM or the bank. And, you have access to your
money sooner.
Since they might sit in the drawer for a month I doubt I really care
how soon I have access to the money. I don't float with my mouth so
close to being underwater.
I like seeing the checks and sometimes I just give them to my wife.
She likes that.

You folks act like I make a special trip to the ATM,
I drive by it 3 or 4 times a week.

Still makes more sense to have it show up in the
checking account completely automatically, dinosaur.

Most of my dividends go to the brokerage account
but I still have some shares I am holding personally.
Those are the ones I get checks for.

Still makes more sense to have those show up in the
checking account completely automatically, dinosaur.

Maybe I am not sure where I want it.

Trivial to move it once it shows up.

Like I said, sometime I give them to my wife.

Trivial to move it once it shows up.

Not really, without writing another check.

With online banking, I can transfer money from any one
of my bank accounts to any other. Another check is
not required.

Cindy Hamilton

Between banks? We have 5 plus a brokerage account. I can't even move
money from my bank to my brokerage account electronically since Dodd
Frank and they are the essentially same people. DF built a wall
between them. (two web sites that do not talk directly with each
other).

Our financial situation is much simpler. One bank, one credit union,
a checking and savings account in each. I was planning to close the
bank accounts about the time the lockdown started and just go with
the credit union.

Cindy Hamilton

I just evolved into this situation but it is what it is. I don't mind
having several banks. Call it diversification. It is handy traveling
tho. I can find a free ATM just about anywhere.

As I said, my situation is much simpler. I haven't been out of
Michigan since 2016 and I have been on a plane since 1997.

Cindy Hamilton