Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gluing Aluminium

Try Araldite, but there used to be a very noxious sort of glue that etched
the oxide as it set, not sure what it was called though. Its probably banned
now due to elf and safety. grin.

Seems a bit odd for it to break of, was it a casting?
Could be it had some flaw in it all the time and if there is one, there
could be others.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Pinnerite" wrote in message
I have some cast aluminium garden chairs.
The screw holding one of the arms got loose and I forgot to tighten it.

Yesterday the top of the arm snapped off, leaving the screw in place.

I have the arm and the s,mall piece that snapped off.
The ends are clean and thankfully not shiny smooth but bright
non-the-less.

I have gorilla clue, araldite and regular superglue.

Will any of those be OK or should I buy something else?