Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Bloomberg opinion paints a grim future for America

On 09/08/2020 06:52, %% wrote:
Bod wrote

'Without fixes for infrastructure, education, health care and
government, the U.S. will resemble a developing nation in a few decades'.

Bull****. We will either get a vaccine for this virus,
or it will die out like SARS did, or we will end up
with herd immunity eventually. There is no wayÂ* that
the US will end up resembling a developing nation.

Even the worst of the schools wont either.

The U.S.s decline started with little things that people got used to.
Americans drove past empty construction sites and didnt even think
about why the workers werent working,

But ended up with one of the lowest unemployment
rates in the modern first world anyway.

then wondered why roads and buildings took so long to finish.

Hardly the end of civilisation as we know it.

They got used to avoiding hospitals because of the unpredictable and
enormous bills theyd receive.

Not when they had health insurance they didnt.

They paid 6% real-estate commissions, never realizing that Australians
were paying 2%.

A small part of the cost of a new house
and they can obviously afford it.

They grumbled about high taxes

Which are in fact one of the lowest percentages
of GDP in the modern first world.

and high health-insurance premiums

They dont care when their employer pays for that.

and potholed roads,

Everyone does, even in england.

but rarely imagined what it would be like to live in a system that
worked better.

But which has other real downsides like much higher
tax levels like are universal in western europe.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ut-in-the-open

Agree/disagree.....Opinions?

I gave up on those, they just make my head hurt.

:-) Ok, thanks for your input.